Saturday, July 28, 2007

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE
Well..... It's been 18 years and it's finally hear. In my entire life I never heard more speculation about something than the possibility of a Simpson movie. It was like every year I was hearing that it was gonna happen, and I was skeptical about this time too, but here we are, and man was it worth the wait.
Now I'm not saying this is the best movie ever, it's not. But it is a great movie, one of the best of the year and a great addition to the Simpson's legacy.
The film was the funniest thing I'd seen all year, I think this may even top Knocked Up as the funniest movie of the year, even though they are totally different styles of humor, I laughed uncontrollably throughout this entire film. The story was really good and also in some places heart wrenching. From Bart being so fed up with Homer's bad parenting once and for all, to the most serious marriage problem between Homer and Marge in the history of the series, this was a truly touching story about family and what it means to be a parent and a spouse.
And did I mention this film was hilarious?
The animation was really nice too, nothing spectacular like Ratatouille, but it was more polished than the regular series animation. I was still amazed how much of this film was sent out to Korea, if you wait until the end of the credits you'll see like 2 minutes of Korean names. Lol.
The film, as great as it was, still couldn't top the emotion I felt being there that night. If anything other than Toy Story has impacted my life it's The Simpsons. As I grew up, everyone from my friends to my family would quote lines from the show at random, and everyone knew what they were talking about, and laugh. It was such a international thing that it became part of our lives. I bet everyone in the world knows who Homer Simpson is and has said D'oh atleast once. That night everyone in that theatre was a Simpson fan and grew up watching that show and was excited to see that movie. I mean they've been around for 18 years, Bart's practically our brother. As the film began and the clouds parted and the Simpsons logo came on screen as it had for 18 years ,the theatre erupted in applause and cheers. Nothing will ever top the feeling of seeing them on the big screen with that many people laughing hysterically along with me. Nothing!
I give THE SIMPSONS MOVIE
5 D'oh's outta 5

1 comment:

Frankie Stellato said...

yeah?! Well I give it 4 Donuts out of five! How ya like that boyeeeee?