Thursday, September 07, 2006

MAYA

The hell Begins..........

Just finished my first week of Maya, and to be completly honest it wasn't that bad. I mean It's only been a couple of days, and I only have a couple of spheres rotating under my belt so far, but I'm really enjoying this. I've heard so many horror stories about Maya and how hard it is, and how by the second day your gonna be crawling back to hand drawn animation, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

It is difficult, I mean it is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I 'm lucky to have great instructors that are very well rounded in Maya and are very good at explaining it, so thats been really good. The other day we made a little virtual solar system, just a way how to learn to rotate spheres on their axis'. We also did some basic lighting stuff and some texturing. The hardest part about Maya is just learning where everything is, every little thing is inside a folder and then you gotta open a file. That's pretty much the hardest part.....so far.

So I'm really looking foward to the rest of the year.

Pixar I'm one step closer.

1 comment:

Dan said...

haha cool. Good luck this semester rob.