Thursday, September 21, 2006















Well the animation roadshow came around again, its a animation book fair for those that don't know what the animation roadshow is. Every year I tend to lay down at least 80 bucks on books there. This year I didn't spend as much, thankfully, but I did pick up two great books.

The first is Mariachi Samurai by: Jose Lopez. This is probably my favorite of the two because the style is so cool and so ispiring. This is one of those style changing books, every now and then I get a book that affects my way of drawing, this is definetly one of them. Every cartoonist should add this to their book shelves. Also look out for Jose's artwork in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie coming out next March. Apparantly he did designs for the film.

My second is simply titled Chris Sanders sketchbook 1b. I've loved Chris Sanders' art every since I watched Lilo & Stitch, which he directed. His style has always amazed me, no one draws quite like him and he's inspired me to draw my characters differently then I would, especially my women. His lines are so lose and curvey, I just love it. So if your a big fan of Chris Sanders or are just rying to dab into different styles, this is definetly a good buy. Look out for Chris' next movie American Dog due out in 2008, It's still far away I know, but some amazing artwork is online. It's worth a look.

1 comment:

EricV said...

ya i got the chris sanders too. what a gem...lotsa nice stuff in there